Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday evening and one tired lady

It is Sunday and chilly. We started our first fire in wood burning stove yesterday. We do not have furnace and heat only with wood. It feels so good as it is really chilly out
We had such a great weekend. My husbands nephew from Oregon and his lovely wife were out here for his high school reunion. We had all local family in and out all day Saturday. I think we had total of 18 people and most stayed all day. What a fun day!
We had sandwich stuff, cole slaw, potato salad, apple crisp, deviled eggs, pumpkin cake and chips and rice krispie treats. People could eat as hunger hit.
Sunday we had all but four there until Tom and Rosanne got ready to leave at 3 pm. I enjoyed it so much and did not realize until I finished cleaning up and when I sat down, boy did I fade fast. LOL.
I love family and having all of them together and listening to all the chatter and tall tales being told and the laughter and children forming new friendships is just something that makes my heart glad.
I have made no progress on quilts or wall hanging. I see that posting is a little more work and discipline than I imagined. I don't think any one reads this blog so it is no problem.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lois! It sounds like you had a wonderful time, though I can understand why you would be tired :) How do you survive the winters in Ohio with no furnace? Does the wood stove heat your entire house? How often do you have to put wood in the stove?

    ReplyDelete