Friday, October 29, 2010

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I picked this quilt for the festival as it was given to a special boy and for two special reasons.  My daughter could never have children of her own.  This very special young woman pregnant and single made my daughter a mom.  During the pregnancy they became close and we learned of different situations in her life and also meant her 2 children that were at home.  Home life was not very good.  The one boy touched my heart.  I wanted him to have something of his own, made just for him.  I made the quilt from a pattern in a book that is upstairs and don't remember the name.  I also made one for his little sister that I did not know as well. 
This quilt was made with many feeling in my heart.  I felt deep gratitude to his mother for allowing my daughter to have from birth a child of her own.  I wanted the boy who recieved the quilt to feel loved and important. 
This is quilt I entered and it is at http://amyscreativeside.com/2010/10/29bloggers-quilt-festival-fall-2010/

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet story and a thoughtful thing for you to do for Josh. I love the childrens' quilts that you have made that show on your side board. They all look like special quilts for children.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog- I hope that you will come and visit again.
    Regards from Western Canada,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious gift you gave him. I bet he'll remember it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story! The quilt is great, made with love and caring! I love the colours. I will have to come back to your blog another time and check it out. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. You are on 'no-reply' so I couldn't send you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely story behind this fun looking boys quilt. I'm sure it will be a treasured quilt always. Thanks for your sweet comment you left on my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story! Contrads on the new grandbaby.

    This quilt is adorable and I am sure makes him feel loved everytime he snuggles with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a darling little quilt and a sweet story. thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete